Instances in "Data_Subject" are not sorted

xiaoqi

Hello,

I think this is the question relating to Protege, but not able to find answers, so asking here.

Attached you can compare the two class: Information_Concept and Data_Subject, in both I've created numbers of instances for mapping them each other.

In class Information_Concept (and all other classes), the instances are by-default sorted in alphabetical, but there's not sorted of the name in class Data_Subject, actually it is sorted by the internal_instance_ID, which I cannot change.

It's quite inconvenient since not easy to browse on the instance list.

Could you kindly give some hint on whether it's configurable in Protege natively or there's some switch of our meta-model should make the sorting applied?

Thanks a lot,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xiaoqi

Here is the preferences in Protege, I didn't change this, looks like the "slot tree" should be sorted, but not applying to Data_Subject class.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

I'll ask the team, but as a short term fix try clicking off the class and back on, does that sort them?
xiaoqi

Thanks John, the tip you mentioned is working for other classes, as switch and back will trigger re-load the instance list and that normally get sorted display.

But it's not working for this Data_Subject, kind of strange ;-)

Regards,
Xiaoqi
xiaoqi

Hi John,

Add one more test on the searching of the instance, in attached picture, you can compare.

To my understanding, it's the sort not set for any situation when listing the Data_Subject instances, that make it unique behavior than any other classes.

Hope it's clear and you can duplicate this issue in your side.

Regards, Xiaoqi
xiaoqi

Hello,

Is there any hints on this configuration?

Now I found another sample, see attached picture, "Business_Activity" vs "Business_Process", the "Business_Activity" instance list is not sorted automatically.

Thanks,
Xiaoqi