View: Application Deployment Summary: cannot see combined coverage from "composite_application_provider"

xiaoqi

Hello all,

I've modeled Application using Application_Provider_Type, connect to Site which binding with Geographic_Location, now from "Application Deployment Summary" view, it is perfect that can show geographic coverage when selecting application.

Reading the xsl, my understand from below data loading section:

<xsl:variable name="instanceClassName" select="('Application_Provider', 'Composite_Application_Provider')"/>
<xsl:variable name="allInstances" select="/node()/simple_instance[type = ('Application_Provider', 'Composite_Application_Provider')]"/>

Both Application_Provider and Composite_Application_Provider are loaded into the view.

Then I create one Composite_Application_Provider and select Application_Providers into "Contained Application Providers" field, my expectation is the map can show the combined geographic coverage from all of the contained Application_Providers when I choose Composite_Application_Providers.

In the view's instance list, indeed I can see the "Composite_Application_Provider" is loaded into the list, but when I choose that, the map shows empty.

Does there anything I should further configure so that I can show the layer in Composite?

Thanks greatly,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

This is explained here: https://university.enterprise-architect ... eployments

Looking at the code, this looks like you can actually do it via 2 routes:
Use the stakeholders slot on the app and use the roles 'Application User' or 'Application Organisation User' for the actor to role relation, with the actor_based_at_site slot on the Actor pointing to a site at a location (Launchpad does this for you if you set your sites, orgs and app to org relations

or

use the ap_site_access slot on the application.
xiaoqi

Thanks John.

Currently I'm using your 2nd option, in Application_Provider instance screen, use "Usage Locations" (my understand is this field = your mentioned "ap_site_access" slot, right?).

I can map location (site) in this field, and they're correctly displayed in the map. Since this is the User Access From angle, it uses blue color which is "Accessed", the meaning is correct as well. (we don't add "Hosted" relation yet)

For my testing "Composite_Applicatioin_Provider", and in its instance screen, I use "Contained Application Providers" slot to add several "Application_Provider" so this is the parent / grouped application above those Application_Providers.

This "Composite_Application_Provider" name is already listed in the "View: Application Catalogue by Name" when open the "Application Deployment Summary", all of the child applications have the sites shown, but the parent application is shown nothing in the map.

And, there's no "Usage Locations" slot in "composite_Application_Provider", thus although I think the site relationship should be inferenced automatically from child to the parent via hierarchy built, but if have to, I can also manually map again of those combined sites in the "Composite_Application_Provider" instance just for presenting to our stateholders first with correct information.

Any further hints would be appreciated, thanks again.

Regards,
Xiaoqi
JohnM

We'll take a look at the code, you are right it should infer from the children.
xiaoqi

Thanks a lot, looking forward for the updated view file.