View - Value Stream Summary: how to show sub-value stage?

xiaoqi

Hello all,

I'm now starting to work and model Value Stream into Essential, I have one value stream modeled in Archi tool before (attached), which have Value Stream name and two levels of Value Stages.

I use both Value_Stream and Value_Stage classes in Essential.

To model two level's of Value_Stages, I found it's nice that Value_Stage can host Sub-Value Stages, as 2nd picture.

It's looked OK for modeling in Protege, however, when I populate to viewer, the view: Value Stream Summary only displays level 1 value stage, and I don't find option to show two level Value Stage.

Can you kindly help to let me know how can I make all levels of Value Stages showed?

Thanks greatly,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xiaoqi

Anyone has thoughts on this?

Till now, since I don't find the solution to show two layers of Value Stream, I have to use one workaround to repeat L1 Value Stage name in all L2 Value Stages then create named as all in Level 1, as attached, it's at least showing the information, but making the diagram too busy with same text duplicated many times.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks greatly,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

Can you share your code, we'll take a look
xiaoqi

Hi John,

Actually I didn't change the code on this in XSL=business/core_bl_value_stream_summary.xsl, as described, I use the tricky way to configure (combine) two level names together when creating the Value_Stage.

While, since the text string is too long, I only change the style of font-size in lin 167 to decrease it from 1.2em to 0.8em, so far it's roughly enough to display up to 3 lines.

I attached the xsl file as well for your review. (If we use this workaround, making the font-size auto fit in the vs-arrow would be better).

Regards, Xiaoqi
xiaoqi

Hi John,

Any new development plan for XSL=business/core_bl_value_stream_summary.xsl, in the post, I'm still interest to see whether to show two (or more) levels of Value Stream, means L2 value stage included in upper level L1 value stage.

Thanks,
Xiaoqi