Question on Sorting list of Instances

xiaoqi

Hello community,

I think this is one small question, but just want to clarify whether we have some inproper setting of sorting by default.

See attached two images as comparison, one is from Excel, the other is the list of Instance window (which kind of Instance is not the matter), they're listing the same contents.

In Excel, I choose the sort the elements by "Sort A to Z", this is the standard way we used to face, the "Evolan - CR..." is above "Evolan (19...", which shows the character "-" is before "(".

While our Essential shows the opposite way.

I never notice this before, now when I dig into deeper, comparing these two character's unicode, then "(" = U+0028 and "-" = U+002D, so if we follow the order from unicode from small to big the making the sorting, I think our Essential dialog shows the correct order.

Then, the question is why Excel explains its "A to Z" with the different result?

I know it looks like our Essential is correct and Microsoft is wrong, but since we're living with Microsoft almost all the days, just wish to get expert's insights here on such kind of logic misleading!

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.