Driver class not found

carl9349037

Protégé 3.5 claims SQL drive is not installed. I have added SQL drive to the Protégé install folder. what is missing
carl9349037

java.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neil.walsh

Hi,

Could you try changing the JDBC class drive name

To: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

Recent versions of the JDBC driver use a different name for the driver
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/8 ... anges.html

Let me know how you get on with this

Best regards

Neil
carl9349037

It still displays "Driver class not found"
jmk

Hi,
protege does not scan for driver jars its installation directory at startup. By default, It expects these driver files to be called either driver.jar, driver1.jar, driver2.jar.

Did you rename the driver jar file when you copied it to the install dir ?

regards,

J.-M.

PS: Expected names (driverX.jar) come from a configuration line in the Protege.lax file, you may also check that this line exists in yours :

Code: Select all

lax.class.path=protege.jar:looks.jar:unicode_panel.jar:driver.jar:driver0.jar:driver1.jar:driver2.jar$:lax.jar
carl9349037

well the app fails to start now
jmk

well the app fails to start now
It's difficult to tell why the application is not starting withour error message.Just two guesses :

1) if it doesn't start *after* you just renamed your jdbc driver file to some driverX.jar' : there is a problem with this jdbc driver file;
1) in case you modified your lax file according to my previous post : I'm sorry but there is a typo in it : you should remove the '$' character :

Code: Select all

lax.class.path=protege.jar:looks.jar:unicode_panel.jar:driver.jar:driver0.jar:driver1.jar:driver2.jar:lax.jar
J.-M.