Metamodel complexity

aschoijett

Hi,

I'm finding that the complexity of the metamodel added to my ignorance about it are acting as a big barrier to getting things done.

Case in point: I'm playing with Value Streams, trying to create a nice diagram like the one shown in https://essentialviewer.com/demo/report ... l&cl=en-gb

My Value stream is triggered by a "Customer". So I go in Protege to my Value stream, click on Add in "Trigger Stakeholders".

I'm then presented with a window where the word "Stakeholder" is no longer mentioned but rather it prompts me to select a Business Role or a Business Role Type. I have no clue what is meant by Business Role Type, and where to look for examples showing the differences between a Business Role and a Business Role type. Nevertheless, since Business Role shows two options: Group Business Role and Individual Business Role, and since my Value Stream is started by a person, I choose the latter.

I'm now ready to type the word "Customer" but ... I'm presented with another window with 45 fields! Among them, probably the first few ones are important, but I'm not sure which ones are those. The ones below caught my eye:

- Role Name
- Relevant Classes
- Is Business Role Type
- Is Member of Business Role
- Classified as
- Contained in Architecture States
- Stakeholders!
- Lifecycle model

So I type "Customer" in the field Role Name and hope for the best.
After closing all the windows, my "Customer" string appears in the Trigger Stakeholder field.

So now I have questions:

1. Is what I did correct? If not, what should I have done differently?
2. Where can I learn about each of these fields?
3. Is the training course that you offer a good place to learn more about the metamodel and how to best leverage it?
4. If so, how can I register in it?

Please do not take this as a simpleton's criticism of your work, I do recognize that to model a complex world, you need a complex metamodel. I just need help becoming more proficient at it.

Many thanks,

Alex