Installing the Open Source Viewer

gcoleman0828

Hello,

Not sure how many have had issues similar to mine, but I was unable to get Essentials (standalone Open Source version) to installer using the version that is listed on the Essentials download page. :cry: . I tried to install it and for some reason Tomcat just would not load the page saying that there was a 404 error - Not Found. It was showing up in the application management in Tomcat, but would never load up.

The way I resolved this is by uninstalling the solution and installing it using the Git repository (also executable install, but must have something slightly different about it.

For anyone that is having this issue, the git hub located here, fixed the issue:
https://github.com/essentialproject

Greg
JohnM

Hi Greg,

Thanks for letting us know. I've raised a ticket our side to take a look at the problem.

John
aschoijett

Hi Greg,
Do you mind sharing the instructions that you used to install the Open Source Viewer?
I really don't know how to do it from Github.

Many thanks!
gcoleman0828

JohnM wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 17:15 Hi Greg,

Thanks for letting us know. I've raised a ticket our side to take a look at the problem.

John
John - Were you able to look into why this is occurring? I was starting to mess with the standalone again and had to reimport the web files from the github version after downloading from the regular site.

Thanks,
Gregg
JohnM

Hi Greg,

We've tried the install on both Windows and Mac and have no problems, so something else is going wrong. Can you email us directly and we'll get the support team to jump on a call to work out the issue?

Thanks

John