Integrate Essential OS with Active Directory

iapaza

Hello,
Hello,
I need integrate the Essential Open Source Platform with Active Directory. I tried codes published in the web, but without successfully. Can I help me?.
Best regards.

Christian
JohnM

Sorry for the delay Christian,

I spoke to the team and, unlike Cloud/Docker, there’s no security capability in Open Source and no facility to connect to AD. If you run OS in server (multi-user) mode, you need to create user accounts to control who can access the server, but sorry there’s no integration with AD.

John
iapaza

Dear john

I tell you that after making several "trials and errors", today I was able to establish the integration with the Active Directory (AD). Part of the solution is to include the commonRole parameter and set it to report_viewer in the Realm tag. To do this, you must have enabled the "report_viewer" role in the web.xml of your viewer.

I hope that these tips help the community to integrate into the AD of your organization.

Greetings ;) .

Christian.
john.nordien

Hello.
I believe this can be accomplished via integrating TOMCAT with Active Directory. I have looked into this a bit but have not tried to do it. TOMCAT will provide the login access to all sites within.

John Nordien.