eup updates fail for standalone

rc_shrss

I have tried numerous times to get the eup updates to work in protoge using the standalone download. They all fail. How can I evaluate this tool if things do not work?
jonathan.carter

Hi,

Could you tell us a bit more about your installation and the EUPs that you are trying to apply, please?

I've tested all the EUPs that perform the Meta Model updates from version 6.11 to 6.14 and these all run correctly.

Before you re-try to apply any of the Update Packs, make sure that you have configured Protege such that it has enough memory available in its 'host' Java runtime. The "Protege" section of this documentation describes how to do that.
Without sufficient memory, Protege will not be able to load and work with the Essential repositories. Lack of memory is normally the cause of problems with opening/running larger repositories such as the Essential base repositories.

Assuming that you've just recently installed, I'm also assuming that you are starting with Meta Model version 6.12. The following updates are required to upgrade to you version 6.14: In some rare scenarios, when running multiple EUPs (or DUPs) one after the other, Protege can sometimes stop responding.
So that you are not affected by this, we recommend that you save your repository (e.g. as a new version) after each pack has been successfully applied. You can also restart Protege after each EUP - or in the event that the update stops responding and then pick up after the last successful update pack.

Once all your EUPs have been successfully applied, save your updated repository to a new PPRJ file.

Let us know how you get on

Jonathan
Essential Project Team