Essential upd tab doesn't appear in Protege 3.x

nanirangel74

hello everyone. Could you help with this. i am using Protege and create a new project. i want to import a dup file thru the essential update tab but this doesn't appear . i try to activate the plugins thru help>>plugins>>essential update but nothing happen.

please help :cry: :cry: .

regards,
Jose
20210513_essential update tab.png
20210513_essential update tab menu.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the screenshots. I can see from the second one that you have installed the Essential Widgets which means that the Update Tab is available to you.

It looks to me like you have created a new project in Protege (e.g. via File -> New Project...). The configuration of the tabs that are used are saved in the repository itself - you can switch tabs on and off as required.

I strongly recommend that you start with the out-of-the-box Essential Meta Model project essential_baseline_v6.11.1.zip as the DUP that you are trying to use assumes that it is working with an Essential Protege repository.

That empty repository file will also have the tabs that you require switched on by default.

If you're confident that the repository that you've shown in your screenshots is suitable, you can enable the Essential Update Tab by using the following menu options:
  • Project -> Configure...
  • Scroll to find the EssentialUpdateTab and check the checkbox next to it to make sure that it is visible
  • Click OK and the tab will appear
Jonathan
Essential Project Team