Create Custom Models/Visuals

sharavi

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the Essential Platform and i'm trying to understand how we can build custom views. The library is pretty good but there is a specifc model that I'm trying to recreate on the platform. I have tried searching the forum & the support material but couldnt find the answer. Can someone help me with this / guide me the right references? Thanks!
JohnM

Hi,

Have a look here. https://enterprise-architecture.org/doc ... w_reports/

You need to write a query to extract the data from Essential and then render the data using HTML, Javascript and/or whatever library you are using. It may sound/look daunting at first but once you get your head around our query structure it is quite straightforward.

If you post what you are trying to show, we'll see if we can help guide you in the right direction, or we may have queries already written which we can share.
colinfrewen

Hi,

I am considering sharing our entire library of custom reports as a co-develop activity. There are a few hundred but probally about 30 that are structurally sound. If you give me an idea of what you are trying to create we may have something close and i'm happy to share that report. Note: We have been on open source for the past 9 years and have heavily modified our Protoge structure, some of the reports require these changes.

Regards
Colin
sharavi

Thanks for the input John & Colin. This helps, I'm going to try this out with my team. The model we are trying to build is a Landscape visulation with components at three levels and horizontal & vertical organisation.
colinfrewen

Hi,

Is it this type of view:
Picture3.png
or this
screenshot-application-capability.png
Regards
Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.