jaxb-api.jar error

colinfrewen

Hi

I have started getting classloader error when using the essential update service or upload. Wondering if this has been reported before:

"Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.1 API is being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Protege_3.5/plugins/com.enterprise_architecture.essential.update/jaxb-impl.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class) needs 2.2 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in the bootstrap classloader."

Regards
Colin
jonathan.carter

Hi Colin,

This is something that we've seen before, yes.
Most likely this is related to the Java version that you're using and a possible conflict with the JVM that Protege is using.

I think that this post about the JAXB libs should help - it covers 2 possible solutions that have worked for others.

Can I ask which platform you are running on? Windows, Mac?

Thanks

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
colinfrewen

Hi Jonathan,

I'm on a windows system. We are busy preparing for our migration to the cloud by getting our oun source version up to date and ready. Only hit the problem when we started adding the last two eup files to version up 11. No issue with the dup file we applied. I have followed the guide and made the changes to use 1.8 java and ignore the Protege intalled version but no like on the EUP. Not a significant isse as we should be on the cloud / docker by Month end.

Regards
Colin