Lifecycle Modeling

john.nordien

Hello.
Is there any documentation regarding how to get Technology Product or Application Product Vendor Lifecycles to be created?
The Youtube video is quite straight forward but has no relationship to using Protege v3.5 Ontology Editor and the Essential Ontology within.

Thanks.
John Nordien.
JohnM

Hi John,

If you have the latest Launchpad installed, the Launchpad Loaders page has a Technology Lifecycles download. You can populate that, import it into Essential and the vendor lifecycle view will work

John
john.nordien

Hello.
Interesting. Please explain.
I have the EssentialAM Open Source Edition running.
I have Essential Viewer v6.11 running
I have Launchpad v5, which I understand is a tool where the data capture worksheet is to be imported using the Import Utility.
I am having some issues with the Import Utility v2.3. Very strange.
There is a file called launchpad_loader.dup. No information regarding what to do with it.

Thanks.
John.
john.nordien

Hello.
Perhaps I am not making myself clear.
I am looking to enter the Vendor Product dates that indicate their lifecycles. For example, Microsoft uses General Availability, Mainstream Retirement, and Extended Retirement dates for their products. This information, of course, goes toward planning upgrades/replacements.
Their are various Lifecycle Statii which are an indicator, but do not go toward a GANTT chart view of lifecycle.

John Nordien.
john.nordien

OK. DOH!
I just had a re-read of the Launchpad Plus page and I think I now know what to do.
During my initial read of the page I thought the Launchpad Plus only applied to Cloud and Docker versions.
There are indications that I can use it with Open Source version.

Thanks.
John Nordien.