Protege Essential Snapshot Not Working

pjnewman

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to create an XML snapshot in Protege. I'm using Java JRE 1.8. I can see the plugins folder in the Protege_3.5 installation.

Any ideas on the issue?

Thanks

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/enterprise_architecture/essential/xml/XMLRenderer
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.snapshot.EssentialSnapShotTab.snapShotToXML(EssentialSnapShotTab.java:410)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.snapshot.EssentialSnapShotTab.actionPerformed(EssentialSnapShotTab.java:202)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
jonathan.carter

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I've tested this out with the latest release of the Snapshot Tab (v1.5). We haven't changed this for some time, so I expect that you are also using this version but could you confirm which version you are using? Go to Help -> About Plugins... and select Essential Snapshot Tab. You should then see some information about the Snapshot Tab, including the version.

Let's also check that the tab has deployed correctly. The exception that you've reported looks like a fairly straight-forward "can't find the class you've asked for" error.

First, look at the <PROTEGE INSTALL>/plugins/com.enterprise_architecture.essential.snapshot directory and check that it contains the file "essential-xml-4.0.jar". Make sure that there are no earlier versions of this JAR file (e.g. essential-xml-3.0.jar) in the directory. If there are, delete them, restart Protege and try again.

If you can't see this JAR - which is what Protege is reporting - exit from Protege and re-run the installer, selecting ONLY the Essential Snapshot Tab for install.

Protege normally sets its classpath when it starts. e.g. if you use the "run_protege.sh" / "run_protege.bat" script, you can see how it does this. If you're running from a launcher/native application, make sure that it is setting its class path correctly.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team