Overlay when adding new apps with Essential Update

pjnewman

Hi,

I'm using the Launchpad to add applications and their supporting technologies with the sample spreadsheet's "Applications" and "App to Tech Products". My initial focus here is on the Application Technology Strategy Alignment View. Note that I'm filling out the dependent sheets too, but I'm only loading the data from the two aforementioned sheets.

I'm using the Open Source version in the server configuration.

I'm using the Import Utility and the function of generating and downloading the DUP files. The DUP file's being used to update the latest repository with the Protégé client's Essential Update function. I'm only running in a couple of apps at a time to make sure that the process is working as expected and based on prior manual updates to ensure that the classes and slots are being primed to my needs.

What I've found, however, is that an update appeared to overlay a prior loaded application, which was defined in the Composite_Application_Provider class. Further, the latter application's Physical Deployments slot contained two items: the one from the prior loaded application; and the one that was just loaded. When I removing the unrelated Physical Deployment, the application's properly displayed in the viewer; otherwise, I get the technologies for the overlaid one.

In the past week, I received the latest Launchpad and used the provide XML file in the Import Utility. I'm running the latest versions of the software.

I'm reticent about bulk loading more apps until I understand the issue with the overlays.

Thank you, Peter
pjnewman

Hi,

I found the problem! The pattern of the issue suddenly made me realize that the ID column in the Applications tab of the Launchpad spreadsheet must be unique. I was reusing the same ID, which caused the application in the repository to be overlaid.

Thank you