Meta Project Definition

pjnewman

I'm in the process of performing the multi-user install. This is a new installation on a Windows 2016 server.

I'm in the Configure Protégé Server steps. I chose the default installation locations.

I opened the metaproject.pprj from the \examples\server folder, but I do not have the "Essential AM Repository" in there. Where can I obtain this?

Prior to this point, I followed the steps on this page: https://www.enterprise-architecture.org/os_download.php

Also, when I run the run_protege_server.bat file I get not found exceptions on the example files.

Help!

Thank you
pjnewman

After some research in the forum, I found a post providing guidance for solving the problem. The installation of the Protégé components was run again, but the metaproject was placed in a location other than the examples folder. I was able to get the pprj files and make the necessary changes. I'm now up and running.

Thank you
jonathan.carter

Hi,

The Essential Installer should give you the option to install the 'Server' pack (which is a ZIP of the metaproject.pprj etc.) which includes this definition. The installer will attempt to over-write the default Protege Server configuration by default but it is possible that you may have installed this to an a location that is easier to manage, which is fine.

Assuming that you have installed the server project to a better (than the default) location, you have 2 options for getting the server working as expected.
  • Copy the default Essential server files into the default location: <PROTEGE_INSTALL>/examples/server/
  • Change the Protege Server start script to use the location in which you have installed the server metaproject. This file is located in the <PROTEGE_INSTALL> directory, called: run_protege_server.sh.
In run_protege_server.sh (or run_protege_server.bat, if you're on Windows), there's a variable called: METAPROJECT that defines the path to the metaproject PPRJ file. Use a full path if you've installed outside of Protege's directory structure.

Once you have Protege Server using the correct metaproject.pprj repository, you should be able to see all the features described in our documentation.

Let us know how you get on!

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

Thanks for the update! Looks like out posts crossed in the ether!
Essential Project Team