IT Asset Dashboard View is not working

james.nesperos

Hi Team.

So I have field up the required data as per the Launchpad how to populate page.

Unfortunately, no data is still showing up. Is the view included in the Open Source version of the app?

I also saw from previous issues related to the IT asset dashboard view that there should be an EUP installed which i am not aware of on how to do it

Hoping for your guidance on this.

Thanks!

James
JohnM

Hi James,

What version of the meta model are you on?
Are you seeing any errors in the console?
If you type _checker.xsl in the url can you post a screenshot as to what the result is please?

Thanks

John
james.nesperos

Hi John,

I am using version v6_9. No other images is showing unfortunately. Please see attached images for reference. No errors are showing but it also does not show the capability models for each layer.
Can you give example on how I can use the _checker.xsl please? where to type it in the URL?

Thanks,

James

IT Dashboard.png
IT dashboard 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
james.nesperos

here is how the checker looks like. How would I get the business capability to Application capabilities at level 1. I am using the launchpad spreadsheet and in the business capability tab, there is no way to map it to the application capability.
IT Dashboard checker.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

The app caps are mapped to bus caps on the App cap worksheet under the supported Bus Capability column.

Also, which version of Essential are you using and which IT Asset Dashboard? The latest uses the data APIs and if you haven't got those published then the view won't work.

If you put core_el_it_asset_dashboard_v6.xsl. as the file path and this works then it is likely your data APIs aren't switched on - look under EA Support > Essential Viewer > Reports > Data APIs and check they are all ticked, or a data issue (check the browser console and screenshot any errors in there (right click and choose Inspect in Chrome to get to the console)
james.nesperos

Hi John,

I already did the mapping of business capability into application capabilities but upon checking the IT dashboard checker, it is still in red. Please see below for reference.
IT Dashboard Checker 2.png
Also upon following your instructions on checking if there is an error, when I reight click and check console, I see the following error:
IT dashboard error.png
Hope you can help me with this. Hopefully I can make this view work.

Thanks,
James
JohnM

The version you are using uses the data APIs, you need to be using the latest version of the meta model with the latest download from Github. It looks like ether your viewer version is the latest but your meta model isn't, or you haven't pulled down the data APIs, look in the api folders of each layer in viewer and you'll see an api folder with files in and check under EA Support > Essential Viewer > Reports > Data APIs to see if you have the APIs

You can use the previous version by mapping the report to core_el_it_asset_dashboard_v6.xsl or core_el_it_asset_dashboard_v68.xsl.

Without seeing you data it's a bit tricky to see where the mapping is wrong but your apps to caps have a levelling issue somewhere. Try and fix the above issue first then send us a screenshot and we'll try and work out where your issue is.
james.nesperos

Hi John,

I am not sure about the levelling since I just followed what was in the examples provided in the launchpad.

Also, mapping between application and business capabilities are already in place as you can see in the green box:
IT Dashboard Checker 2.png
I have also attached the updated repository for reference.

Thanks again for the help.
JohnM

Hi James

1) Your level 1 caps aren't attached for the bus caps Banking (root) > Resource Management (level 0) > Platform Operations (level 1), the level 1 isn’t connected to an Application Capability

2) Not all your codebases have styles defined, if you fill those then they will work (I’ll raise a ticket to address that so it ignores any blanks).
james.nesperos

Thanks John,

For number 2 steps, can you please provide more instructions on how I can add the styles for it? Do I just need to define it in the spreadsheet?
Application codebase.png
Thanks again
james.nesperos

Hi John,

after doing the mapping for level 1 business caps to application capability, it is working now, both the business and some of application perspective is now being shown.

So it did work after I have done the mapping instructions you have provided and by changing the URL into:
http://localhost:8080/poc/report?XML=re ... rd_v68.xsl
IT Asset Dashboard - Business perspective.png
IT Asset Dashboard - app and tech perspective.png
Follow up question would be, how can I make the v68.xsl as the default URL of the report? Any idea on why the tech perspective is not showing and other application perspective details is still not showing?

Here is how the dashboard checker looks like after the changes in the business to application capability mapping:
Dashboard Checker.png
Thank you for your patience and help.
james.nesperos

Hi John,

Just to update you on where I am now with the IT Dashboard view, I manage to now see improvements by doing the following:

I have change the link from core_el_it_asset_dashboard.xsl into core_el_it_asset_dashboard_v68.xsl. When doing this. all of the perspective are being shown which is awesome. ;)
Only problem now is that in the technology perspective, the capabilities are not clickable and is grayed out even if most of them has a technology component and product mapped into them. Please see below for reference:
Technology Perspective not clickable.png
Here is how the checker looks like now:
IT Dashboard Checker 3.png
Again, thank you so much for all the help.
james.nesperos

Hi Team any idea on the issue please? thank you again for the help.
jasonp

Hi James,

apologies for the delay. Just to let you know that we are investigating your issue and we have been able to replicate the problem that you are seeing. As soon as we have a solution, we will get back to you.

Thanks,

Jason
jasonp

Hi James,

we believe that the issue may have been caused by a bug in the way we were escaping characters which should now be resolved in the latest version of Essential Viewer which can be found here.

https://github.com/essentialproject/essential_viewer

With this latest version, you should no longer need to use the older core_el_it_asset_dashboard_v68.xsl version of the view and can use the latest core_el_it_asset_dashboard.xsl file.

Thanks,

Jason
james.nesperos

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, that is not the case even after downloading the newest version of the viewer, I still need to edit the link and used core_el_it_asset_dashboard_v68.xsl for it to work. When using the default link, nothing seems to appear in the dashboard.

The good news though is that the other issue which makes the technology layer mappings not being reflected in the view was addressed. Other than that, the technology capabilities are still not clickable.