finding previously uploaded spread sheets import utility

Rajaraman

I am using Essential Docker, i wish to see the history of excel spreadsheets uploaded date wise and download it, so that i can easily modify and re- upload for further changes.

How to locate and download the same using the web app and browser?
jonathan.carter

A history of the imports that have been previously run is only available in the open source edition of Essential.

In Essential Cloud and Essential Docker, the Import Utility generates a DUP and does not currently execute the computed import and so does not maintain a history of previously versions of each spreadsheet that is used to generate a DUP.*

However, you can still use the Import Utility to manage the current / latest version of the spreadsheet.
To do so:

- Open your chosen Import Activity
- From "1. Source Spreadsheet", download the current version
- Open, update and save the downloaded Excel document
- Upload the updated version of the Excel document, using "Upload Spreadsheet..." in the "1. Source Spreadsheet" section of the Import Activity panel

From here you can:

1 Download the current spreadsheet
2. Update the spreadsheet content
3. Upload the spreadsheet to the Import Utility
4. Execute the import, using the latest version of the spreadsheet

* Note that the XML Import Activities do maintain a history of previous executions in the Cloud
and Docker editions as these are typically executed via system-to-system invocations, rather than
manually invoked.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
Rajaraman

However, you can still use the Import Utility to manage the current / latest version of the spreadsheet.
To do so:

- Open your chosen Import Activity
- From "1. Source Spreadsheet", download the current version
- Open, update and save the downloaded Excel document
- Upload the updated version of the Excel document, using "Upload Spreadsheet..." in the "1. Source Spreadsheet" section of the Import Activity panel
this helps for only last version. I want all past versions. I remember in the older version of import utility Essential Opensource, i could see history of uploads.

Is that removed in the latest version?
JohnM

Hi,

Whilst it remains in Open Source (OS), we removed it from Essential Cloud/Docker as the assumption is that you load data into Essential and maintain it in the tool, which is simpler in those platforms over OS. We also took the decision that we didn't want large files hanging around on the platform. We can put it on the feature list and consider/prioritise it if people think it would be useful.
Rajaraman

Let me explain a scenario. i have a spreadsheet for importing business capabilities with data in 3 columns

ID, Name, Parent Business Capability

BC01,Cash Management , Financial Management

this is inserted first time after several iterations i get the same row from other teams which contains

BC99,Cash Management , Financial Management

will it update existing row by comparing with name or it will insert a new row with new ID?

For this purpose only, we need only spread sheets it is easy to refer the ids in case we want to update.

Let us know if this feature can be brought back to the docker version