Import Utility - Server not available (467)

hanserasmushe

Good day

I have bee struggling with my essential install for a while now, mainly because everything is very new to me. But it seems I have somehow managed to get most of the stuff running. I am however still not getting the import utility to work. Tomcat is working fine. The essential viewer is working with authentication. Protégé is connecting to the viewer via the Protégé client successfully. When I try to connect to the Import Utility, it by default errors with "You server is currently not available. Do you want to try again? (467)". I came across other community posts referencing session time-out values, but in our case, we cannot even connect with a new session.
Does anybody maybe know what may be the cause of this?

I have installed the following:

CentOS 8
Protégé 3.5 with built-in JVM.
Tomcat 9 (latest)
Essential 6.2b (latest available on webpage installation instructions)

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
neil.walsh

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting this set up. You mentioned you are using Essential 6.2b. We have moved to a more component based install as we believe this will be more transparent for our users. The latest versions for all components can be found here
https://www.enterprise-architecture.org/os_download.php

One common mistake is not to fully configure the memory requirements. You can read more here
https://www.enterprise-architecture.org ... re_memory/

The first place to start with would be the Tomcat logs. You can find them in your Tomcat install folder under "logs". The relevant log file is called "catalina.out".
Try a restart of Tomcat and then look at the logs for any errors. You can safely ignore anything that says "WARN" but if you see any "ERROR" then that's the most likely cause. Feel free to post the output of the logs here and we can help solve this.

Cheers

Neil
hanserasmushe

Hi Neil

Thank you for the reply.

I will follow the modular install you indicated, and will return before troubleshooting too much. Thank you, will get back to you!

Regards
Hans
hanserasmushe

Hi Neil

I have managed to get the Import Utility running on Tomcat. I have checked memory settings and made sure there is plenty to go around. However, not sure if I am missing something. When executing

Code: Select all

java -jar essentialinstallupgrade66.jar
I am not met with a GUI as per instruction manual, or as in the previous install of 62b. I only get this:
Essential_Screenshot.png
Am I missing something? This is the install file I downloaded from the link you sent. It is listed in the Widgets column.
Thank you again for all the kind help!
Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hanserasmushe

Hi Neil

So it seems, after quite a few redos, I have managed to get an instance up and running. Seems there were some packages missing in order to get the GUI install going, and I have jacked up memory etc. etc. But it seems we have one running version now.

Thank you for the trouble, we can mark this topic as closed.
Have a nice day!