6.2 to 6.4 Strategic Tech Selector View not working

smroberts

Hello,

trying to follow these steps to load the app tech architectures using the import utility and launchpad v3. Havcce imported the example data.

"If you wish to do this then you will first need to set up a new Import Activity– follow the same instructions as used for Launchpad, except, you should give it a name of Application Technology Architecture Import and upload the App_Tech_Product_Arch_IMPORT
import specification provided as part of Launchpad v3. You will only need to do this once".

The import utility wants a spreadsheet and the import specification ("D:\Essential_Launchpad_v3\Essential Open Source Users\App_Tech_Product_Arch_IMPORT.xml") seems to be looking for one with a sheet called "sheet 1".

get error >>>

WARNING: Source spreadsheet does not contain worksheet: Sheet1
WARNING: Source spreadsheet does not contain worksheet: Sheet1
Import executed successfully.

I cant locate the spreadsheet it wants to use. I only have:

"D:\Essential_Launchpad_v3\Essential_Launchpad_V3_Capture_Spreadsheet.xlsx"
"D:\Essential_Launchpad_v3\Essential_Launchpad_V3_TEST_DATA.xlsx"
Last edited by smroberts on 05 Apr 2019, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
JohnM

In the Technology Product Selector, once you have got to step 5 you will see the export panel at the bottom:
tps.png
Click copy and paste that into a new spreadsheet, save that then load that spreadsheet into the import utility. Don't rename the tab at the bottom, that will say Sheet 1, as the import utility looks for that
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smroberts

Hi

I dont see the connection between my question and the reply - sorry :(

Im trying too import a specification as per the instruction. Ive done the launchpad demo data import thats all worked.

Whats the exact next step - do I just ignore the instructions I pasted a copy of ? Isn't that the step that creates the technology selcction view itself?

Sorry if Im missing an obvious aspect.

Thanks

Steve
smroberts

Ah I think I have a very basic question looking again. H2 get to the tech product selector utility/tool ?

THanks

Steve
smroberts

I found my way to looking for this in essential viewer.
I am missing some files in my essential viewer install: D:\EA\standalone_essential_v6\Tomcat7_essentialviewer\webapps\essential_viewer\technology\core_tl_tech_product_selector.xsl (The system cannot find the file specified)
Is this not delivered part of essential launchpad?
I have the right folder in webapps, and a good 20 or so xsl's but not this one.
All my install is from the standalone_essential pack shared with me in Jan '19.
Im wondering if this is up to date or whether I should start over?
smroberts

OK, so I started over , clean install of 6.2 (didnt have tech produict selector view) , ran 6.4 upgrade eup from within protege, the view appears but doesnt work - the .xsl hasnt been moved in automatically. MOved it manually got another error about the xsl not compiling.
Perhaps there is a problem with the 6.4 pack ?

Is there a clean 6.4 download available rather than a 6.2 to 6.4 upgrade path ?

Steve

Heres the transcript of the errors I get:

Upon clicking the tech product selector in viewer (which doesnt show the preview icon):

Oops! Essential Viewer encountered an error with the request View Template XSL stylesheet Essential Viewer could not find the requested file
Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
Fatal Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\EA\standalone_essential_v6\Tomcat7_essentialviewer\webapps\essential_viewer\technology\core_tl_tech_product_selector.xsl (The system cannot find the file specified)

MOVE FILE MANUALLY TO WEBAPP FOLDER THEN GET:

Oops!
Essential Viewer Error
Oops! Essential Viewer encountered an error with the request View Template XSL stylesheet
Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
Fatal Error: No template exists named techRefModelBasicInclude; SystemID: file:/D:/EA/standalone_essential_v6/Tomcat7_essentialviewer/webapps/essential_viewer/technology/core_tl_tech_product_selector.xsl; Line#: 2349; Column#: 55
Enable the Detailed Error Message filter to view more information about this error.
For more information about how to resolve this error, visit Essential Viewer Error Messages articles.
Show Detailed Error Message:

at net.sf.saxon.PreparedStylesheet.prepare(PreparedStylesheet.java:212)

at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:131)

XML SPY SUGGEST AN ERROR IN THE XSL AS BELOW WHICH IS A HIT ON THE ERROR ABOVE AT LINE 2349:

File D:\EA\standalone_essential_v6\Tomcat7_essentialviewer\webapps\essential_viewer\technology\core_tl_tech_product_selector.xsl is valid but contains one or more warnings.
Unknown named template 'techRefModelBasicInclude'
Warning location: xsl:stylesheet / xsl:template / xsl:call-template / @name
Details
XTSE0650: The 'name' attribute of the <xsl:call-template> instruction does not match the 'name' attribute of any 'xsl:template' in the stylesheet
neil.walsh

Hi,

Have you upgrade the Viewer application fully from 6.2 > 6.4? The EUP upgrade file only updates the meta-model but not the actual Viewer application.

If not, then that's probably the best place to start. You can find the 6.4 release on our Github account
https://github.com/essentialproject/ess ... r/releases

It wouldn't be sufficient to just drop in a single XSL file as that wouldn't necessarily include all the necessary dependencies. For example in view you're looking at, it's also requires the following

<xsl:import href="../common/core_js_functions.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="../common/core_el_ref_model_include.xsl"/>

Which are either new to 6.4 or might have been update for the 6.4 release.

Generally, upgrading the whole Viewer is the best way to go as it will have all the dependencies for the each view.

If you've stored all your custom views (if you have any) in the "user" folder of the "essential_viewer" web app then upgrading should be straightforward. Simply rename your old viewer web app, drop in the new one then copy your user folder contents from the old to the new.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Neil
smroberts

Hi Neil thanks for this. The readme for the update does just say copy over the context of the webapp folder. Not to worry. Will give it a go now.
Thanks
Steve
smroberts

Worked fine Neil.
Resolved similar with the process familiy too.

Thanks!
neil.walsh

Great stuff. Nice way to end the week :D
smroberts

Indeed and even better, I realised that I had ONLY followed the instructions for the launchpad upgrade which shuttled across a couple of files. Surprised anything worked :lol: