PDF Process Flow

Richard

Greetings

how do i attach a pdf process flow into essential, i already have the processes in pdf.

i would like to have the processes be visible under the defining process flow on the viewer

Kindest Regards
Richard
JohnM

Hi Richard,

This is via the External Reference Links slot on a class. Create one of these, and give it a name. Next, in the External Reference slot of the created class, add the URL to the document, which will create a link in the Supporting Documentation section of a view. For some types, e.g. png, you should be able to embed on the page - just add the External Link Type.

Hope that helps

John
Richard

Greetings John

i have added the link in the relevant slots (). the image does not show on the viewer. the link is in the format file:///C:/Users/000000/folder/000000.png

Regards
Richard
neil.walsh

Hi Richard,

I've done some digging here and there are two issues at play.

The first is that the feature John described earlier does indeed show a link but the feature which renders the image inline is not yet rolled out and will be available in the next release, early in 2019.

Once you come to use this, there are a few things you need to be aware of. The pattern file:// is considered a security threat by most browsers these days and can't really be practically used. An easy way to check this is to try the path directly in the browser address bar and see what happens.

Instead, you could created a new folder inside the webapp (called something like 'external' or 'resources') and store the images in there.

Then in Protege, the url would be relative to the application so something like

external/000000.png (important here not to have a leading slash)

or another way we see this used is to host the links on a document store such as Sharepoint and get links directly from there

I'll update back here once this feature is available.

Apologies for any confusion.

Neil
Richard

Thank you very Much Neil, will check it out, just came back from a long leave
Regards