Adding User in Multi User environment

manikvijay

Hi,

I had everything installed perfectly, working fine on all aspects. I created couple of users in multiuser environment worked fine.

Later after a couple of days, not sure what i have changed when i try to add any new user on the metaproject i get the following warning

"skipping null value -- DefaultDatabaseFrameDb.addValuesSQL()"

not sure what is causing this error? Any help will be greatly appreciated
jonathan.carter

Looks like it's just some guard code in the Protege database layer that's preventing a NULL value being written to the database.

Was the new user added successfully?
If so, I would suggest verifying that you haven't left any required fields empty in the user setup in the metaproject and otherwise continue using it.
If it has NOT created the new user, then this needs looking into in more depth.

Are you using a database backend for the metaproject? This is not normally necessary as the metaproject normally stays quite small - its job is to control the configuration of the server only.
Normally, we keep the metaproject in the file-based repository and the Essential repository project using the database backend.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
manikvijay

Hi Jonathan,

The metaproject is file based. And the metamodel is SQL database backend. The user added successfully to the metaproject.

But when i try to access the metamodel project that is the database repository i am getting an "invalid login for "username"".

So it looks like the changes are not taking effect. Not sure what the reason is..?
jonathan.carter

When editing the metaproject, it's important to stop the server before editing it. Then you need to restart the server for the changes to take effect.

If you haven't already, try the stop / restart of the server.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team