DM - Logical Model for Data Object queries

Rajaraman

Team,

I understand the Data Object and Data Subject.

I also understand APP_PRO_TO_INFOREP_RELATION has relationship between apps
which has a reference to "Specific Data Operated On"

So i created Data Representation and Populated with data object and linked with above using
APP_PRO_TO_INFOREP_TO_DATAREP_RELATION

But i could not see the data models inter linked. I am sure i am missing some thing. Could you point the same?

When i click data object it shows only that Data Object alone as a box.
JohnM

Hi,

This is mixing Apps, Databases and Tables with logical data modelling. What you are trying to achieve is in the logical data layer only.

To populate the Data Object Model, just create Data Object Attributes against a Data Object and then set the "Data Type" of the Data Object Attributes to a Primative Data Object - text, string, etc

John
Rajaraman

DM-Logical-Data-Model-Relationships.png
is what i want to achieve I need relationships between Data Objects
DM-Logical-Data-Model-Relationships-B.png
I understand contained_data_attributes has the relative data objects, but it has only primitive data attributes?

Or how to go about giving another data object here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rajaraman

I am referring below screenshots

I could figure out meaning of primitive data types as mentioned based on instance tree

but could not the the other data objects as ? marked
DM-Logical-Data-Model-Relationships-Fixed-Income.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

You need to use a data object as the data type of the attribute rather than primitive data object. By associating the data type of the Data_Object_Attribute with a Data Object you get a relationship. Cardinality is set on the attribute
data_object_model.png
Hope that helps
Rajaraman

Thanks
I see standards in cardinality which can be used from our ERD. How do we get custom words like "Analyst" "Geographic Region" in the diagrams which is appearing in the links?
JohnM

Set the Data Attribute Label on the Data Attribute instance and it should work