Tomcat Not Serving the Import Utility Page

wkelly24

<r>Hello,<br/>
<br/>
I've given up trying to wrestle with Apache Tomcat as to why its not recognizing the files for the essential_import_utility. I see the files in the webapps folder and everything looks correct. But I continue to receive a 404 error. Can you please help?<br/>
<br/>
I'm attaching some screenshots to help troubleshoot.<br/>

<ATTACHMENT filename="tomcat-404 page.png" index="0"><s>
</s>tomcat-404 page.png<e>
</e></ATTACHMENT>
<ATTACHMENT filename="view of webapps.png" index="1"><s>
</s>view of webapps.png<e>
</e></ATTACHMENT>
<ATTACHMENT filename="contents of eiu.png" index="2"><s>
</s>contents of eiu.png<e>
</e></ATTACHMENT>

Thank you,<br/>
Will Kelly</r>
neil.walsh

Hi Will,

Apologies for the delay, did you manage to resolve this already?

If not, here's a couple of things that will help to move this forward.

Which version of Tomcat are you using? We recommend Tomcat 8.5. The current version of the Import Utility hasn't been tested with v9 yet. We have a new version in development which will support v9+ but it won't be ready until later this year.

Firstly, I assume you have Viewer working ok. Are you running the Import Utility in the same Tomcat or a different copy/deployment of Tomcat? If you're running in a different one, the you could try copying it to the Viewer one.

If you're running in the Viewer one, then you should take a look at the Tomcat logs for errors.

[Your Tomcat Install Folder]/logs/catalina.out

Finally, I'd double check the memory allocation for Tomcat so that it has enough to run the applications.
This article will help...
https://www.enterprise-architecture.org ... essential/

If you're still having problems, then feel free to post so details from the logs, Tomcat version details, etc.

Cheers

Neil