Import Utility: Using Custom Slots in the Import Specification

pjreez

Hi,

I have created new slots and classes in the meta-model. As a second step, I would like to use the Import Utility to import data into instances of these custom classes and slots. Is there a way to make the Import Utility aware of of these custom classes and slots?

For instance, when I add a simple instance to a worksheet in the Excel Import Specification, I would like to be able to select my custom classes in the Essential Class Name drop-down field. Or when I add a simple slot to an instance, I would like to be able to select my custom slots in the Slot Name drop-down field.

Otherwise it would mean that the Import Utility only supports the standard meta-model, any changes to the meta-model are not reflected nor supported in the Import Utility.

Best regards.
JohnM

The import utility uses the slots that are in the repository that you select when you set up your Reference Repository (Cloud) or Target Repository (Open Source) under Import Settings.

Create a new reference repository (Cloud) or target environment (OS) using the repository containing your custom fields, make sure it is selected and then it will be picked up in the Import Utility and in the drop downs.

Hope that helps

John
pjreez

Hi,

Many thanks, it worked. I had forgotten the "make sure it is selected" part.

Regards.
Nederman János

Hi,

I have an issue with the edit import specification funtion. When I try to open and edit the example specification I cant see anything inside the frame . How can I see and edit the import specification? B.R. Jani
JohnM

Can I just check, you've clicked the Upload Import Specification button and uploaded the Launchpad import spec or some other import spec. You've then clicked the Edit Import Specification button and nothing is showing?

Can you share a screenshot please?

John