Problem with client installation with Protege platform independent - installer doesn't recognize Protege installation

tomas_rollo

Hi,

I'm trying to install the client side of EAS on a 32bit Windows 7 machine. For the 32bit reason I have to use the platform independent version of Protege which does not install, just unpacks to a directory of choice.

I have confirmed Protege is able to start and run but when I then run the EAS installer (essentialinstall62.jar using

Code: Select all

java -jar essentialinstall62.jar
) to install the widgets I get stuck on the "Specify Protege and Web Application Server installations" - when I use Browse to select the folder where I unpacked Protege the installer tells me that "The directory you have chosen either does not exist or is not appropriate" (see screenshot attached).

Is there a way how to install the widgets to the platform independent Protege version?

Thanks
Tomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomas_rollo

Update here: I have switched to a 64bit machine so I can use the default Protege 64bit 5.2.0 version for Windows.
I have unpacked the Protege 64bit files into a folder (and verified it starts without a problem) but the EAS installer still says it the folder does not contain Protege. Does anyone know which files is the installer looking for in the folder?

Thanks
T.
jonathan.carter

Hi,

Just to be clear, you have already installed the correct version of Protege? If not...
Currently, the installer does not include the Protege 3.5 installer. You must download and run this before you run the Essential Installer.

You can find a link to the correct installer for you (the link works out your platform based on your browser!) on our 'Downloads' page.

Make sure to download and install Protege 3.5 - versions 4 and 5 are a different product and are not supported by Essential Project.

If you have already installed Protege, you can search for the folder in which you installed Protege 3.5 - just select the root folder of your Protege install. The installer is looking for the file 'protege.jar'

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
tomas_rollo

Hi Jonathan,

yes, sorry, I have just realized I've been using Protege 5 and not 3.5, I'm trying that with Protege 3.5 now.
My bad!

Thanks
T.