Multi User Install problem

j_paglione

Hello,

I'm having problems with the installation of the essential project server, the pretext is point 14 of the installation guide; I wanted to know if you have any advice on configuring JDBC drivers or better how to define the JDBC Driver class name

thank you so much,

Julian
jonathan.carter

Hi Julian,

There’s a common pattern to the JDBC driver configuration but the details do vary from database server to database server. However, regardless of the database server, you need to specify:
  • User name which is the user account defined within your database, for Protege server to use
  • Password the password for this user account, defined in your database
  • Database name is the name of the empty database in your database server that Protege will use. Note that this should be empty and have no tables defined
  • JDBC Driver class name is the fully-qualified name of the JDBC driver class, e.g. if you are using MySQL, then this will be

Code: Select all

com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  • JDBC URL defines the specific connection details to the database that Protege is using, e.g. if you are using MySQL which is deployed on the same server as your Protege server, using the database 'essentialdb', then this will take the form

Code: Select all

jdbc:mysql://localhost/essentialdb
  • Table - is the name of the table within your Protege database that the current repository should use. Each repository is held in a single table in your Essential DB database
In terms of the specifics for the JDBC Driver class name and the JDBC URL, you will need to find/download the driver for your chosen database server and this will include instructions for the driver class name that you should use and the format of the URL.

Out of the box, Protege cannot work with MySQL version 5.6+. However, we found that by adding some additional configuration properties to Protege, it can successfully work with more modern versions of MySQL. This article describes the additional configuration required. Make Protege work with MySQL 5.6+

Let me know which database server you are using and we can help find the correct settings

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
j_paglione

Thank Jonathan,

I managed to start protecting server thanks to your advice.
I know that maybe I should not ask this here though; could you tell me how I can define a URL to access essential from device for consultation after starting protege server?

Thanks you aniway,

Julian