download current repository

Rajaraman

can you point me on how to download current repository ?

( I find a button on the import utility, where we upload import and then get updated repository, but I do want to do another import instead I need current repository)

thanks in advance
sarah.smith

Hi,
Just want to confirm what you are asking.
When you set up the import utility you add a repository in Target Environment in the Import Settings tab.
Once you have done this you then run your imports against this 'target repository' - it adds all the instances from your spreadsheet to the 'target repository' and then you can download the 'resulting repository' - which contains all the data from the 'target repository' and the spreadsheet using the Download Result Button.
If, at a later date, you want to download this 'resulting repository' again, you can do so using the Manage History Option.
Note that the 'target repository' is not updated with this data unless you select the 'Promote to Local Live' button at the end of the import - this would then replace the 'target repository' with the 'resulting repository'. (or you can do this in Import Settings).
So, if you found errors in the import and you want to try again after making changes to your spreadsheet you can just go ahead.
If you are after a copy of the 'target repository' the easiest way is to open it from wherever you saved it in your file browser.
If you can't find it you can access it from the tomcat/webapps/[your import utility name]/reposiotry_cache folder.

Hope that helps - if I've missed the point let me know!

Sarah
Rajaraman

Thanks. This helps.