Instance in cyrilic missing in the view

pavnask

Dear colleagues,

I just started to use Essention few weeks ago and found one problem with Catalog view for the instances named in the national language (Cyrillic).

For exampe, the Business Domain instance with the Cyrillic name Корпоративные действия is missing in the "Business Domain Catalogue by Name" view.
In the Go To: I can see only Latin characters and numbers
catalog view.png
:
Go to: АBCDEFGHIJКLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ#

However in the "Business Capability Summary" view, I can see Business Domain in Cyrillic with no problem
summary view.png

What can be the reason for that?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Pavel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Thanks for raising this.

The catalogue view is grouping all the elements by Latin characters and not including the Cyrillic ones. Although it won’t resolve the issue, do the Cyrillic names appear under any of the catalogue categories?

We’ll take this away and work on a resolution that will work for all the catalogues. Each catalogue uses the same code, so once we’ve resolved it we can resolve all catalogues.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
pavnask

Dear Jonathan,

After the configuring Language instance, Report_Language instance and Synonym the Business Domain names in Cyrillic displaying properly.
language.JPG
report language.JPG
Also, I found that translation of the language XML is not enough to get the correct catalog navigation in Cyrillic. So, I did some customization in the core_bl_bus_domain_list_by_name.xsl as well (just populated AlphabetLinks and Index sections).
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="contains($currentLanguage,'Russian')">
<div class="clear"/>
<div class="AlphabetQuickJumpLabel hidden-xs"><xsl:value-of select="eas:i18n('Переход')"/>:</div>
<div class="AlphabetQuickJumpLinks hidden-xs">
<a class="AlphabetLinks" href="#section_Z1">
<xsl:value-of select="eas:i18n('А')"/>
</a>
Thank you.

Best regards,
Pavel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmk

Jonathan,
we have an analog problem in French (as we use letter with diacritics, such as 'É') :)

We have done some modification to the xsl code for catalogs in order to cope with this problem.
I can post a patch/diff if you are interested. Please tell me.

Regards,

Jean-Marie
jonathan.carter wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 17:36
We’ll take this away and work on a resolution that will work for all the catalogues. Each catalogue uses the same code, so once we’ve resolved it we can resolve all catalogues.

Jonathan
jonathan.carter

We recognise this issue and have a new version of these catalogue views in development now. These are designed to support any Unicode language.

These are updates to the open source Views, so I'll post a preview of them here so that you can test them out over the next day or so.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

Hi,

Following up on my last post, we’ve developed new versions of the catalogue views that are designed to support any Unicode characters. The rendering of the index is slightly different as it is dynamically calculated from the list of instances that appear in the catalogue. I’ve tested this with some diacritics and the catalogue renders these correctly.

We use the user’s language setting for the sorting of the instances, so this should sort the instances correctly for each user even if some are viewing in one language, and other users in anther language.
However, I did note that this is dependent on the underlying XML parser, so do let us know if there are some anomalies.

As a preview, I’ve shared this ZIP file which contains 2 example Views:
New Catalogues Example zip
  • Business Domain Catalogue (that you’ve raised the issue with)
  • Business Capability Catalogue
These should be placed in the ‘business’ folder of your Viewer.

Also part of this is a new version of the core_utilities.xsl file, which should be placed in the ‘core’ folder of your Viewer.

We’ve applied this re-working to all of our catalogue views and these will be available in the next release of Essential Viewer.

Let me know how these work for you.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team