Middleware problem in info dependency

j_paglione

Hello,

I'm having problems with the info dependency model, when I model the dependencies between 2 applications and I insert a middleware, an application that has an integration function, it generates me automatically
all the other applications that are connected to that middleware, even if these applications have nothing to do with that application, but simply for another dependency use the same middleware.

I hope I was clear in explaining my problem :? .

Thanks for the support .

Julian
JohnM

Julian,

Yes, the existing info dependency view does not cope very well with integration layers, so you cannot see where the output of one app is utilised. This view allows you to see that. Note the modelling classes and the classification in the meta model image.

This view is currently in Essential Labs, if you've not signed up for that, then I've posted the files here for you anyway.

1) Copy the XSL into the user folder
2) Add the PNG screenshot to the images/screenshots folder
3) Create an instance of Report with a link to the xsl file and the image - assign it to a portal section

This will be added to the baseline in one of the next few release cycles

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
j_paglione

Hello,

I tried to do as you specified, I added the new XML file in the metamodel and I created the
dependencies as specified in the image that is:

Middleware-> deps_on-> Source & Target-> deps_on-> Middleware.

But I still have the problem that if the same system that has the function of middleware for 2 systems, performs this function for other n-systems; when I want to visualize the dependence between the first two systems, it will display all the target applications that depend on the middleware.

Did I mistake something defining the metamodel?
JohnM

Can I just check that you added a new report and that it is opening the correct XSL file?

Thanks

John