[Import Utility 1.7.2] ISSUE : Unable to test an import activity against a dev/qa when server live

tkinte

Hi.

The import Uility seems Unable to test an import activity against a dev/qa environnement when the the type of the related live environnement is server.

In the catalina log, I see warnings : Missing plugin directory, class, repository_cache ... and licence .

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Tshitshi

Code: Select all

26-Jan-2018 10:42:48.874 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 22946 ms
26-Jan-2018 10:42:49.443 INFO [http-nio-8180-exec-1] org.zkoss.util.resource.impl.LabelLoader.loadLabels:229 Loading labels for fr
26-Jan-2018 10:42:49.446 INFO [http-nio-8180-exec-1] org.zkoss.util.resource.impl.LabelLoader.load:366 Opening file:/C:/Program%20Files/EA_HOME/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%209.0/8180_import/webapps/eaimport/WEB-INF/i3-label.properties
26-Jan-2018 10:43:00.425 INFO [http-nio-8180-exec-8] org.zkoss.util.resource.impl.LabelLoader.loadLabels:229 Loading labels for fr_FR
26-Jan-2018 10:43:03.697 WARNING [Thread-6] edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.findPluginsDirectory Plugins directory not found: C:\Program Files\EA_HOME\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\8180_import\plugins

26-Jan-2018 10:43:14.352 WARNING [Thread-6] edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.PropertyMapUtil.getJavaClassObject Unable to load class: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphPoint
26-Jan-2018 10:43:30.627 INFO [Thread-9] edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.RemoteClientProject.copyKb Uploaded pprj file in 545 milliseconds.
26-Jan-2018 10:43:42.351 INFO [Thread-9] edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.RemoteClientProject.copyKb Loaded pprj file into knowledge base in 11724 milliseconds.

26-Jan-2018 11:19:04.353 INFO [http-nio-8180-exec-8] com.enterprise_architecture.essential.importutility.ui.EssentialImportInterface.getImportSpecDataManager CURRENT IMPORT ACTIVITY: GDPR-DEMO-BOSA
26-Jan-2018 11:19:18.560 INFO [Thread-22] edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.RemoteClientProject.copyKb Uploaded pprj file in 467 milliseconds.
26-Jan-2018 11:19:25.922 INFO [Thread-22] edu.stanford.smi.protege.server.RemoteClientProject.copyKb Loaded pprj file into knowledge base in 7362 milliseconds.
26-Jan-2018 11:19:25.949 WARNING [Thread-22] edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.PropertyMapUtil.getJavaClassObject Unable to load class: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.widget.graph.GraphPoint

26-Jan-2018 11:36:46.894 INFO [localhost-startStop-4] org.zkoss.zk.ui.sys.ConfigParser.parseConfigXml:159 Loading system default
26-Jan-2018 11:36:47.030 INFO [localhost-startStop-4] org.zkoss.zk.ui.sys.ConfigParser.parse:275 Parsing file:/C:/Program%20Files/EA_HOME/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%209.0/8180_import/webapps/essential_import_utility1_7_2/WEB-INF/zk.xml
26-Jan-2018 11:36:47.626 WARNING [localhost-startStop-4] org.zkoss.zkex.init.WebAppInit.init:29 This is an evaluation copy of ZK EE and will terminate after sixty days from the first date of installation. Should you require an open source license or commercial license for ZK EE please contact us at [email protected] for more information. Alternatively you can download ZK CE which is licensed under the LGPL.
26-Jan-2018 11:39:58.908 SEVERE [1685] edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.getProjectInstancesReader Unable to load project from: file:/C:/Program%20Files/EA_HOME/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%209.0/8180_import/webapps/eaimport/repository_cache/dev_sandbox611/ear_sandbox_-_sandbox_611_repository.pprj
26-Jan-2018 11:39:58.954 SEVERE [1698] org.zkoss.zk.ui.event.impl.AsyncListenerThread.run:208 >>java.lang.NullPointerException
>>	at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.importutility.ui.TestImportActivityComposer$10.onEvent(TestImportActivityComposer.java:670)
>>	at org.zkoss.zk.ui.event.impl.AsyncListenerThread.run(DesktopEventQueue.java:186)

26-Jan-2018 11:40:12.434 SEVERE [2182] com.enterprise_architecture.essential.importutility.integration.ProtegeIntegrationManager.saveProject EXCEPTION in saveProject(), saving Project repository: java.lang.NullPointerException
My configuration
Screenshot-2018-1-26 Run Excel Import.png
Screenshot-2018-1-26 Essential Import Utility.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Hi Tshitshi,

Thanks for your post.

There’s definitely an issue loading the ‘ear_sandbox_-_sandbox_611_repository.pprj’ project, according to your logs, which is in your Dev_Sandbox611 environment.

This is probably worth checking out.

This looks like you are using the open-source version of the Import Utility - please let me know if I have got this wrong! However, note that you cannot run Imports from the open-source Import Utility (installed somewhere in your environment) to import into the Essential Cloud.

To answer your query more specifically, though, the “3. Test Import” step in the UI always runs against locally hosted repositories. Those local repositories are managed within the Import Utility itself and enable you to test your import before running it against your server-based repository. This is particularly important because it is very difficult to ‘back out’ an import. I would also recommend backing up your server-based repository before running an import into it.

Let me describe how the Import Utility manages server-based target repositories, as this may clarify the situation.
  1. When we define a new target repository using the server connection option, this becomes available as a target “Live” environment - but not in the ‘Test Import’ option.
  2. To test this, you must define a new “Dev / QA” environment and connect this to the new ‘Live’ environment. This creates a new local copy of the live repository by connecting to the server and making a copy.
  3. When you run against your Test environment and select the option to update the test environment from the live environment (recommended) the Import Utility takes a new copy of the live, server-based repository to make sure that you are testing against valid and recent content.
  4. Once you are happy with the operation of your import in the Test environment, you can then run it against the Live environment, using the ‘4. Execute Import’ option, picking the server-based environment from the drop-down list. The import then runs again, now connecting to your server and running the import again, updating the very latest live content.
In summary, the Import Utility is designed NOT to let you test against live environments and similarly not execute live runs against test environments.

Hope this clarifies the behaviour and do let me know if you are having further issues with the imports

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
tkinte

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your support.
This looks like you are using the open-source version of the Import Utility - please let me know if I have got this wrong! However, note that you cannot run Imports from the open-source Import Utility (installed somewhere in your environment) to import into the Essential Cloud.
You are right. I'm using the open-source Import utility, installed on a remote web server (Tomcat 9.0.4). My protégé project is also on another remote windows server. And I am running imports into our own on-premise Essential Project Deployment.
To answer your query more specifically, though, the “3. Test Import” step in the UI always runs against locally hosted repositories. Those local repositories are managed within the Import Utility itself and enable you to test your import before running it against your server-based repository. This is particularly important because it is very difficult to ‘back out’ an import. I would also recommend backing up your server-based repository before running an import into it.
  • 1° I have defined a “Live” environment using the server connection option : SANDBOX611
  • 2° DEV_SANDBOX is a “Dev / QA” environment connected to the ‘Live’ environment.
  • ISSUE : the import Utility seems unable to take a copy of the live, server-based repository
  • 4° But the import runs normally and successfully against the Live environment
In summary, the Import Utility is designed NOT to let you test against live environments and similarly not execute live runs against test environments.
Accordingly, like I do.

Best regards.

Tshitshi
Last edited by tkinte on 31 Jan 2018, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.