SQL Server 2012 Express - Login falied for User.. SOLVED

adgarcia

Greetings,

Getting a little further on using SQL Server to store the essential repository so for the benefit of others trying, wanted to share and start a new topic. I am now getting the following error:

"The Driver was found but it is not possible to create a connection with the driver URL. Perhaps the URL Syntax is wrong or the username/password is invalid.

Login failed for user 'essential' ClientConnectionId:937ce712.58d6-xxxx...."

The URL syntax is: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:51934;databaseName=essentialdb

When i change the port number to let's say 4133, I get "connection refused" so I am pretty sure I am connecting to the localhost and port. I have given the db user 'essential' full admin authority to the essentialdb and schema I have created and yet still have this issue.

Below are the screenshots I am hoping will help someone help me solve this issue so I can proceed with this multi-user install.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

David

Unfortunately my 3mb worth of images are too large to attach.. if there is some other way to share please let me know. Thanks.
Last edited by adgarcia on 10 Oct 2017, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
adgarcia

I have cross-posted this topic on the Protégé user's forum with the attachments at the following location:

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.co ... 69715.html

In the event someone has come across this and can help me get past this issue.

Thanks in advance,

David
adgarcia

It was the authentication mechanism... I had Windows authentication only, needed to set it to mixed mode in order to get the essential db userid to login successfully. Onto step 15. of the multi-user install!