Import utility is producing only V5 projects

SNutulap

I installed import utility "1_7_1" and when I try to publish, it is creating baseline project _v5. Not sure because of this, when I go to essential viewer after publishing, I get blank page. I am able to view changes imported thru Protege though.
I am able to publish v6 thru protege and see views thru essential viewer though.

What am I missing?
neil.walsh

Hi,

This sounds like it could be a bug in the latest release.

We'll investigate and report back

Thanks

Neil
jonathan.carter

Hi,

This is a known configuration issue with the Import Utility that is included in the Version 6.0 release.
The pre-loaded Essential Repository is a version 5.0 repository and as you say does not work well with the Version 6.0 Essential Viewer.

The idea with the Import Utility is that you can import into your existing repository - either by connecting the Import Utility to your Protege Server or by uploading your current repository into the Import Utility before running an import.

This tutorial about the Import Utility explains how to upload your current repository from a ZIP file of the Protege PPRJ, PINS and PONT files that contain your repository.

We have resolved this issue (of the pre-loaded repository version) in the next release that is due shortly. However, I would still recommend uploading your current repository into your Import Utility before running your imports. This way, the Import Utility can support any local extensions you may have made (e.g. new slots) and add to the content that you have already captured.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team