[Viewer 6.0.2 Issue - Project summary] : Impacted elements NOT filtered ACCORDINGLY

tkinte

Hi .

I am using Essential 6.0.2.

Instances and relations in the repository :

Code: Select all

Strategic plan P.
P related to 4 PLAN_TO_ELEMENT_RELATIONs : P2E1, P2E2, P2E3, P2E4.
Project CA1 related to 2 PLAN_TO_ELEMENT_RELATIONs : P2E1, P2E2.
Project CA2 related to 2 PLAN_TO_ELEMENT_RELATIONs : P2E3, P2E4.
Issue :
Project Summary view for each Project CA1 & CA2 shows 4 impacted elements (from P2E1, P2E2, P2E3, P2E4) instead of the 2 only respective impacted elements.

My expectation about the impacted elements in the project summary of each CA :
P2E1, P2E2 for CA1 and
P2E3, P2E4 for CA2.

Please tell me if the expectation is correct and how to get this result.

Thanks very much for the support.

Best regards.

Tshitshi
jasonp

Hi Tshitshi,

I believe the reason that you are seeing all 4 impacted elements is that you are mapping the Projects to both the overall Strategic Plans as well as the Plan 2 Element Relations. At present, the view interprets a mapping to a Strategic Plan to mean that a Project delivers all Plan 2 Element actions of the related Strategic Plan. However, if you remove the Projects' relationships to the Strategic Plans and only map the Projects to the Plan 2 Element Relations, then the view will show the impacted Elements from these relations, but will still show the appropriate Strategic Plans in the "Supported Strategic Plans" section (by identifying the Strategic Plans on the other side of the relations).

Hopefully, this resolves your issue but, if not, please feel free to reply and we will investigate further.

Regards,

Jason