Import Utility Error - Invalid Import Environment Type

judgerod

I'm running the essential import utility release 1.5.2 on a Windows 2016 Server with Microsoft SQL Server.

I'm accessing the webserver using Google Chrome version 55.0.

I have modified the attribute of the metal model by adding a app_id field to the Application_Provider class. I am now trying to upload the changes to the import utility so I can mapped the field from a spreadsheet to the new field in the class. I've received instructions from post on the step to make the update.

I'm going to the form "Edit Production Environment" to the section "Upload Local Repository (zip)" to load up the snapshot protege files (.pont and.pins format). After I try to upload the zip file based on the instructions, I receive the following error:

"Invalid Import Environment Type - The Import Environment must be local to the project file"

Please advise how possible to get past this error. I've tried the same process by copying the file to the local server and uploading and received the same error.

Thank you
jonathan.carter

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

I’ve just managed to replicate your scenario but I’d like to check your configuration matches what I have done.

I created a new Production Environment in the “Target Environments” section and set the “Deployment Type” for this new environment to “Server”. Then, when I tried to upload the local, file-based repository, I got the same error that you describe (see screenshot).
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 12.04.09.png
I think perhaps that it is not quite clear what the Deployment Type and “server” means here and this the cause of the issue.

To resolve your issue, set the Deployment Type to “Local” and then you will be able to upload your file-based repository.

Alternatively, if you need to run the Import Utility against a Protege server, then use the “Server” Deployment Type but do NOT use the “Upload Local Repository” option. Instead, complete the “Server-based Repository Details” form with the connection details for your Protege server.

What is going on here, though, is that the Deployment Type refers to the deployment of your target Protege environment. “Server” means that the Production target environment is a Protege server and in this context, there is no repository to upload. The Import Utility will connect to the Protege server, using the details on this form, and browse the repository and run imports directly against it. Note that you should still create a test or development target environment from this production environment to support your import specification development work.

It is quite alright to have a Production environment defined as a “Local” Deployment Type and in this case, the file-based repository that you upload is managed as the Production environment. However, in this scenario any Protege server deployment that you might have will NOT be updated directly by the Import Utility.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Essential Project Team
judgerod

Perfect. That helped and fixed the problem.

As a note, I had to create another "Target Environment". The Deployment Type could not be edited.