Architectures loosing names

tla

Hello,

I've got a problem regarding the naming of Static_Application_Provider_Architectures. If I enter a name in the field "Name", after the double ::, essential deletes the name immediately or deletes it at the next visit.

As a result none of my Architectures has a name which is really confusing (see attached screenshot).

Do you have an idea why this happens? Any help appreciated.

Regards and thanks,
Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
colinfrewen

Hi Thomas

You shouldn't be entering a name. When you select the application provider protege will build the name. This is the case in most of the graphical classes. The name slot you are entering the Name into is really a relationship slot. Check out the details int eh clsinstance tab.

Colin
JohnM

Thomas,

If you scroll down below the graphical image you'll see a field further down called 'Static Architecture of Application Provider'. Select your App Provider there.

John
jonathan.carter

As a bit more background, that particular name is using a gadget called the 'AutoTextWidget' which - as the name suggests - automatically sets the text value according to a defined pattern (which is configurable from widget to widget).

The idea is that the name for that model is defined and managed for you based on the values that are set in other slots on that form. When their values change, this field will change automatically and - as you describe - will overwrite anything that you put in there by hand.

As with most things 'Essential', you can change the patterns and even the auto-text behaviour. You can use the Forms tab in Protege to select the form field and by double-clicking on it, you will see the configuration panel. In here you can set the patterns to use or even set this be manually controlled. However, we've designed this control as a labour-saving device that removes the need for repetitive type and to help ensure consistent naming schemes!

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
tla

Thanks, this helps a lot. Sorry for overseeing this in the documentation...