FileNotFoundException - tidyWidgets.xml

mjtapp

Hi,

When I attempt to run the essentialinstall506.jar it works fine all the way up to final step where files are being copied around and then I get this error:

/home/michael/Essential Architecture Manager/install/tidyWidgets.xml

Does anyone know what this is and why it's occurring? It appears that that xml file is missing, but I haven't seen anyone else have this problem.

Thanks

Michael
jonathan.carter

Hi Michael,

This is part of the installer and it takes care of upgrading the Essential widgets - the plugins for Protege. It is there and included in the installer

Are there any more details about the error, other than reporting that path?
Is that directory write-able for the installer?

Did you have the update scripts item in the installer selected? I've just tried running an upgrade from v4.3.1 to v5.0.6 with the first install item in the list selected and it all ran correctly and quietly (no warnings or errors).

If it was not enabled, please try again with the Update Scripts item enabled.

As an aside, we removed the "required" on this package so that it can be de-selected, e.g. when installing un-related items such as the Import Utility or the Viewer. However, it is required for any of the Protege components:

- Widgets
- Update Tab
- Snapshot Tab
- Integration Tab

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
mjtapp

Thanks Jonathan,

That worked :D .

I was following the instructions here - http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... multi-user

That say to un-select all the other packs and that was my problem. (I did actually try selecting some, but didn't think to select that one).

Michael
jonathan.carter

That's great to hear.

Thanks for posting back.

I've updated the documentation to make a mention of the Update Scripts and also updated future upgrade installers to make it a bit clearer about when you should include this package.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team