Viewer Styling Configuration Lost Essential 5

gdamico

Hi,

We've duplicated Default Viewer Styling intance for portal customization purposes. The viewer has been succesfully cutomized several times. We have lost the customized instance after publishing the repository, that's why we had to repeat the customization at least three times.

We don't have identified a pattern to explain this behaviour yet because this happened even without making any change related to viewer customization (e.g after creating a Synonym instance and publishing).

Why is this happening?
Gian Piero D'Amico
Enterprise Architect
neil.walsh

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue you're having but here are two things which may help.

Are you saying that the instance is deleting itself?

After creating the duplicated instance of Viewer_Styling have you tried saving the project before you publish?

One thing I would mention regarding the Viewer_Styling instance is that it has a checkbox to mark the instance (style) as "Active". Only one instance should be active at one time. If multiple instances of Viewer_Styling are active then the Viewer will choose one at random. You will need to manually uncheck the "Active" checkbox on any instances of Viewer_Styling you're not using.

Let me know if any of this is useful

Thanks

Neil
gdamico

Hi Neil,

That happened because we duplicate the default instantance. I't seems to me that we did a wrong selection when editing the instance (i.e we modified the original one).

Anyway, we created a new instance instead of duplicating the original one, and we've got no more that behaviour.
Gian Piero D'Amico
Enterprise Architect
jonathan.carter

Thanks for posting back on this one.

That's great feedback for us to hear how you have used the Viewer previously and how you deployed version 5. We can factor this into things like improved documentation.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team