Import Utility Problem

gdamico

Hi,

After installing Essential 5.0 I've got HTTP 467 status code when trying to login in to Import Utility:

I checked the TOMCAT and Essential installation log files and seems that Import Utility war file is not being correctly deployed. After reading the Essential installation log file I think the installer itself could have a problem.

Related log files have been attached to this post.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gian Piero D'Amico
Enterprise Architect
jonathan.carter

I know it is a bit of a cliche but have you tried restarting Tomcat after deploying / installing the WAR?
It's quite a large file and I've found that restarting the web application server completes the deployment of the application.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

I've been through the log files that you posted - thanks very much for those.

There are some exceptions in there that were thrown by Tomcat during the deployment of the WAR file. I've just tried re-installing the Import Utility from our installer. However, I installed it to a local folder before copying that into my webapps folder. It deployed and runs just fine without any exceptions.

I think the error that is being displayed is due to the incomplete deployment of the web application.

As the app is quite large, I have definitely seen situations where Tomcat fails to deploy the web application until I restart it. I think there's something going on where Tomcat is trying to start deploying the WAR file before it has been completely copied to its webapps folder.

Try the following:

- Restart the Tomcat that is hosting your Import Utility
If that fails:
- Stop Tomcat
- Delete the deployed folder - KEEP the .war file though!
- Restart Tomcat

If that still fails, please try downloading the latest update (Essential Architecture Manager v5.0.6) from our site, which has version 1.5.2 of the Import Utility.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
gdamico

Jonathan,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I did what you recommended but I had the same result.

I'm looking for the update Essential Architecture Manager v5.0.6 but I can not find this even in the Essential Update Pack Repository:

http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... ate-packs/
Gian Piero D'Amico
Enterprise Architect
jonathan.carter

Version 1.5.2 of the Import Utility is included in the Essential Architecture Manager 5.0.6 installer.

You can re-run the installer, selecting only the Import Utility and that will deploy a new WAR file for version 1.5.2.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team