Importing Data in Command mode

m59sapi

Hi,

Is there anyway to use console command (in windows or Mac) do the import, instead of going thru the Import Utility or the Protege Import tab?

I have written a R program to do some preprocessing and then output to an Excel spreadsheet, it will be good if I can incorporate the import script into my R program as well.

If it cannot be done, can the import be done using the Protege Python tab or an external python program?
jonathan.carter

We're about to release a new version of the Import Utility that enables you to produce a Python / Jython script that can then be run in the Essential Update Tab and I think that that would give you what you are looking for.

We are still looking at a Q4 2015 release for that.

Right now, once you have performed an import to your test environment, you can download the generated Python script. We use a set of Python functions that interact with the Protege API. I can point you to that (it is included in the Import Utility) if this sounds like something you'd like to pursue. Can try running this in the Protege Script tab (in Python mode) but note that there are constraints on the size of the script that you can run in there. Our Update Tab solves all this for you.

Another option for you is that the new Import Utility includes a REST-based service interface that enables any client to send a spreadsheet (with multiple workbooks) or a single-page CSV and have it import the contents using a specified import specification. This is already in use by some of our community via a beta-version of the soon-to-be-released Import Utility and we can send you a link to download that. The service interface provides a good way to include the actual import as part of a larger process.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
m59sapi

Thanks very much for your reply. Looking forward to use the upcoming release.

Meanwhile, if you can email me the link to your beta download, that would be great.
jonathan.carter

I certainly can do. It is worth noting that the beta has no pre-configured examples for reference.

We're still on target for the end of the year and the Import Utility is ready and this packaged version would certainly be better to use

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
m59sapi

Thanks Jonathan. Please email the link to [email protected]