I can't get this visualization to show up

[email protected]

I've populated the repository with business principles mapped to business objectives with supporting business capabilities. The objectives are supported by strategic plans which themselves are supported by objectives and change activities, but I can't get this visualization to show up (the "Business Capability Change Footprint)
Here it is in the sample repository sent to Essential Viewer:

And here's mine....

What am I missing?
jonathan.carter

If you haven't already, make sure to set the "root" business capability in the repository, so that this view knows where to start.

In the repository, in the Essential Viewer section of EA Support, there's a class called 'Report_Constant'.
Make sure that you've set a value for the constant "Root Business Capability". To do this select that instance of "Report_Constant" and in the Associated Instances slot, select the business capability that represents the 'root' of your organisation / business capability model. In our demo repository, we have a Business Capability called "Asset Management" and this contains all the top-level business capabilities that we would like to see on the report. It might seem a little artificial but we need someway to define the scope of the set of capabilities in the repository.

Let us know if you already have this defined or whether it resolves the issue

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
[email protected]

That did the trick. Thanks.

I have to say. I NEVER would have figured that out. Is there a manual or some kind of consolidated documentation for Essential? I'm particularly interested in getting visualizations to show up in Viewer.
jonathan.carter

Glad to hear that that resolved the issue.

There are, within the Viewer itself some help pages that explain how a particular view works. We don't have help pages for all the views and the set of views continues to grow. If you do run into an issue like this again, it's worth having a look in the View Manuals for some guidance on what needs to be populated. We are very pattern-driven, so sometimes a similar view might have the answer if you can't find details of the specific view you are trying to populate.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team