trouble installing with MySQL

vhquijia

Hi

Please, in Linux, to open the file prj with database MySQL i have one error. Please where i configure the password de bdd?

exucete command: run_protege.sh

WARNING: Unable to load knowledgebase jdbc:mysql://localhost/essentialdb -- java.lang.RuntimeException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Thanks
jonathan.carter

The correct details are saved in the PPRJ file itself once you’ve converted your project from Protege Files to Protege Database.
As part of that convert process, you specify the JDBC connection details as described in this help file:

How to configure a database-backed repository

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
vhquijia

Hi Jonathan
Please Help me

On windows is ok the PPRJ, but i need to execute on Linux RHEL the same file prj before convert the repository to use de database mysql. I have the error following, i think that are the configuration details saved in PPRJ.

I intended load the PPRJ with command run_protege.sh
------------------------------------------
Errors found performing operation.

1. Unable to load knowledgebase jdbc:mysql://localhost/essentialdb
Exception class java.lang.RuntimeException. Message: class not found: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

2. Exception class java.lang.RuntimeException. Message: class not found: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

See console and log for more details.

-----------------------
log
Loaded 85000 instances: viewer3_devrep_14032012_003_ProjectKB_C lass11980
WARNING: Unable to load knowledgebase jdbc:mysql://localhost/es sentialdb -- java.lang.RuntimeException: class not found: com.m ysql.jdbc.Driver
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.pool.Conne ctionPool.<init>(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.pool.Conne ctionPool.getConnectionPool(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.RobustConn ection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.AbstractDa tabaseFrameDb.createConnection(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.AbstractDa tabaseFrameDb.initialize(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.DatabaseKn owledgeBaseFactory.initializeKB(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.DatabaseKn owledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowledgeBase(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.DatabaseKn owledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowledgeBase(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadDomainKB( Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.createDomainK nowledgeBase(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknow n Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknow n Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadProjectFr omURI(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.loadPro ject(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.getProj ectFromFile(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.getProj ect(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.getReques tedProject(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProje ctRequest(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProje ctRequest(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.OpenProject.actionPe rformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Abstr actButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(A bstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(D efaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultBut tonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.ja va:357)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Basic MenuItemUI.java:1225)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouse Released(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1266)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java: 6263)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent. java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6028)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java: 4630)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java: 2099)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460 )
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Co ntainer.java:4574)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Con tainer.java:4238)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Contain er.java:4168)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java: 2085)
----------------

------------

Thanks

Regards

Victor H
vhquijia

Hi Jonathan

I copy the driver.jar in the root Protege, now i have the same error last.

Question: I must set the user and password equals in bdd on Linux as in Windows for the details saved in PPRJ?
Please help me
------------------
WARNING: Unable to load knowledgebase jdbc:mysql://localhost/essentialdb -- java.lang.RuntimeException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.AbstractDatabaseFrameDb.createRuntimeException(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.AbstractDatabaseFrameDb.initialize(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.database.DatabaseKnowledgeBaseFactory.initializeKB(Unknown Source)

-----------
Regards

Victor H
jonathan.carter

Hi Victor,

Is your RHEL Linux providing you with a graphical user interface?
These parameters must be set as part of the Protege project file (PPRJ) and normally that is via the Project->Convert Project... menu option in the GUI

From what you've posted it looks like you need to provide the correct login credentials (username and password)

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
vhquijia

Hi Jonathan
Thanks