Import utility unable to access to repository

VincentBernard

Hello, we are currently testing to implement Essential Project as an enterprise architecture modeling tool.

To date , everything seems to work except the import module. It seems impossible to access to the repository. I have attached a screenshot. The server runs on sfd2445.prod.mrq . I tried several versions (with HTTP with : 8080 ) , all without success. I use the same information that the client protected without problems. Thank you in advance,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Thanks for your post.

Let me answer with some more questions:

- Have you installed all the Essential software on the same server?
- Protege server
- Tomcat with Essential Viewer
- Tomcat with Essential Import Utility

What the Import Utility is attempting to do here is to connect to your multi-user installation of Protege that has been configured to host your Essential Repository. It uses RMI for this but it is not necessary to specify the protocol in the server hostname field on the form.

However, Protege server must be running in order for this to successfully connect. In addition, if there is a firewall between the Protege server and the Tomcat (or other Servlet engine) on which you are hosting the Import Utility, you will need to configure the firewall to allow the Protege server to receive RMI connections.

Let me know whether you have the Protege server running and where it is located. Also, due to the memory requirements of both the Viewer and the Import Utility, we recommend that you have a separate Tomcat installation (running on different ports) for each of these two web applications.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
PatrickG

I have the exact same issue.

I have Tomcat Viewer and Import Utility running on different port on the local box. I also have Protege running on the same server with MySQL.

Which credentials should be using?

Thx,
Patrick
jonathan.carter

Hi Patrick,

To configure the Import Utility to access the target repository, running as a 'Server-based' repository, you should
be supplying the login credentials for accessing that Protege server and project.

The hostname should be the hostname on which your Protege server is running, and your user account details should be those of your user account on the Protege server (in the Protege metaproject).

Regards

Jonathan
Essential Project Team