Cannot find essential_architecture_manager.zip

KumarSManiam

I am following the intsallation instructions for Standalone use of the EA Manager and the installation instructions talk about an essential_architecture_manager.zip file under the Download section. I dont see that. All I can download is the essentialinstall.jar (executable).

I have the pre-reqs down and need to get the final EA Manager install complete and am unable to proceed.

Should I be doing something different?
jonathan.carter

Hi.
I think you might have accidentally opened the 'old' install guide. (BTW, we've kept this as there are some useful details in here that can help with trouble-shooting an installation that does not go smoothly).

This is the current stand alone install guide.
From the downloads page, click on the Install Guide button and then select 'Stand Alone' from the 2 options presented - the picture with the single screen on it.

The file you have downloaded is the correct installer. Please double-click on it to start the installation and follow the guide.

Please post back if you have any further problems

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
Kevin Campbell

Hi Kumar

With some browsers attempting to download the .jar results in a .zip file being saved locally - in which case it must be renamed to .jar before proceeding with the installation. If you've successfully downloaded the .jar as a .jar then don't worry, you're on the right track already.

You're following these instructions?
http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... tand-alone

Kevin