Application Service Catalog Report

pfouille

Character ' seems to cause an error in Application Service Catalog Report when it's used in Application Service Name.

I've tried with Application Service Name=Service d'annuaire

When I put Application Service Name=Service d annuaire everything works fine.

Any ideas ?
Cheers,
pfouille
jonathan.carter

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I've just tried this and can you confirm that the Catalogue is being displayed properly but that the hyperlink to the Application Service details is not working?
[This is the behaviour that I'm seeing]
It is to do with how the link to the Application Service is produced by the Viewer - you've found a bug.

There's an update to Essential Viewer that's about to be released. I'll get that release held and the fix for this included.

We should be able to fix this quickly.

Thanks very much for raising this.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

I've fixed the scenario that I described above.

To test it, I gave an Application Service a name with the " ' " in it. With the current release of the software, this appears in the catalogue but the link to the details of the Application Service does not work.

I've changed the way the link is coded in the catalogue view and the Application Service with the " ' " character in the name now works properly.

Let me know if you are seeing a different error. In the meantime, I will change all of the catalogue views in Essential Viewer to fix this bug and get this into the next release of Essential (due in the next couple of days).
I will also build an Essential Viewer update release to update existing installations (such as yours).

I'll post back here and make a posting to the What's New panel on the homepage when it is all ready and released.

Thanks for your help in finding this bug

Jonathan

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

Just a quick post to let you know that the new release of Essential Viewer is now available.
This release fixes the bug that you found (and also in all the other catalogues).

Find out more about this release in this latest update article.

Thanks again for reporting this bug.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team