Text Visualization

dewittm

I am new to Essential and Protégé; however, I have been using Essential for the last 2 weeks very successfully on a highly complex international TOGAF solution. I truly like the product. I do have one issue that is more of frustration than a major issue but it has cost me a large amount of time, which elevates in to a critical situation for me:
  • Text in the field, especially during entry, is not displaying well. It is as if pieces of characters are missing, it is particularly bad on the last words of a line or entry.
1. Is this a known issue?
2. Is there a solution?

I have tried changing my screen resolution, using different browsers, and other “quick fixes” to no avail.
Your help in this would be most appreciated, as I would like to use this as an enterprise solution within my organization of over 20,000 staff members.
Thank you for your time and help.
neil.walsh

Hi,

We have not encountered this issue previously.

Can you provide a bit more info regarding this issue?

What Operating System are you running? (e.g. Windows Vista, 7, 8, OSX, Ubuntu)
What version of Protege are you using? (Help > About Protege)
What version of Java are you running (from command line type "java -version")
What is you primary (corporate) browser?
Would you be able to take a screenshot of the issue?

We can try to recreate the setup here and try to replicate and resolve the issue.

My initial thoughts would be that it is a Java version issue but if you're able to provide the above information we can look in further detail.

Thanks

Neil