Multi User Install Issue on Linux

netgamegirl

On a Linux machine, I am running:

java -jar essentialinstall4_3.jar

I get an immediate error that says:
com.izforge.izpack.installer.ResourceNotFoundException: Cannot find named Resource: '/res/EssentialUpdateScriptImage' AND '/res/EssentialUpdateScriptImage_eng'

However, the GUI continues to open. I can click through to the Select Installation Packages page. However, it always says that I have no Available Space (0 bytes) (not sure if this is related to the errors above or not). I can not click Next on this page as it says "Disk space required for the installation exceeds available disk space".

I have tried to figure out where it was installing but couldn't find it.

I have tried the following:
/ (which does have enough space)
USER_HOME (which for this is /root and does have enough space)
USER_HOME (setting it to an alternate directory which has enough space)

What is the default installation directory for Essential Architecture Manager on Linux (and is there a way to override if needed)?

Thanks,

Kelly
jonathan.carter

Hi Kelly,

It seems that there may be a bug in that version of the installer system on Linux - that causes both that error message about the resources and to miscalculate the file space.

It does look like you are trying to install a previous version. I'm pretty sure that the latest version (essentialinstall4_3_1.jar) uses the same installer software but could be worth a try.

If you still see the same behaviour, there are couple of options that you can try right now.

1. Running the installer with this command line option:

Code: Select all

java -Dizpack.noDiskCheck=true -jar ./essentialinstall4_3_1.jar
2. Run the installer in command line mode:

Code: Select all

java -jar essentialinstall_4_3_1.jar -console
Try these and let me know how you get on. If neither of these work, we can try rebuilding the installer with the latest version of the installer system software.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team