J Script error

SamF

I am having trouble downloading the software. I have successfully installed all the necessary programs, java 1.7, protege, tomcat 7, graphicz, to run Essential. Upon trying to install Essential i get the error "cannot find script engine Jscript". Normally i rely on google, but all the "fixes" that i found did not work. How do i fix this problem?

I am using windows 7 and this error occurs immediately upon clicking the .exe installation file.
jonathan.carter

Thanks for your post.

Interesting that you mention the .exe install file.

The installer is actually a '.jar' file and requires your Java environment in order to run. We've noticed that some browsers change the file suffix from .jar to .zip during download which prevents the installer from running.

Can we confirm that the installer has not been re-named to .exe and is still .jar?

Have you got any other software packages associated with JAR extensions? Try making sure that the file is being run with Java JRE. A way to ensure this is to run it from a Command Prompt, using the following command:

Code: Select all

java -jar essentialinstall_4_3_1.jar
The error you are seeing seems to be being reported from something that's trying to run the Java installer as a Javascript file.

Finally, the installer will most likely need to run in privileged mode, so make sure that you are running it as an administrator. You should be able to do this via one of the right-click options when you click on the installer.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team