Links to external references - ECP-3.2

jonathan.carter

ECP 3 is split into two parts - ECP-3.1 and ECP-3.2 - and introduces the capability to capture references to external documentation for any element in the repository. Additionally, links to those references will be made available in Essential Viewer reports.

ECP-3.2 Covers the required extensions to the Essential Viewer reports.

Proposed changes:
  • For each report that provides a "details" view of an element, e.g. Business Process, Application Provider, Technology Product, introduce a link to any external documentation/references captured in the new slot defined in ECP-3.1
These extensions will be provided by new versions of the relevant report XSLT files.
Essential Project Team
Kevin Campbell

Any update on the second part of this enhancement related to report files?

Kevin
jonathan.carter

Apologies, nothing to report so far.

I realise that this is a fairly simple XSL template to have something like an icon with the hyperlink. We then make the relevant existing views call this template.

Have you got any views (pardon the pun!) how you would like this to appear in the views?

Thanks

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
Kevin Campbell

Here's one I made earlier, with the requisite quantities of sticky back plastic. It's possible that there might be more than one link, so I decided against using only an icon, but at the same time urls can be long. The approach I adopted is just that, the approach I adopted!

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Great stuff, Kevin.
Quite right about the multiple links!

Thanks very much for sharing your template

Jonathan
Essential Project Team