GraphWidget not available

aixsurfer

Hi, I can't select GraphWidget from the combo box widget type in the forms tab. It's not presented. Protege startup has loaded the edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions anyway I can't use it in the forms tab.
Thanks in advance for your help.
jonathan.carter

The Graph Widget requires that you define any relationships between the objects that you wish to have on the graph to be sub classes of the ':DIRECTED-BINARY-RELATION' class. Also, for the nodes on the graph, you set the Graph Widget to be used for the slot on your class that contains a set of instances of the type that represents your nodes. This means that it must be an Instance Slot with multiple cardinality.
The widgets check to see if they are suitable for each slot, which means that in general Protege only provides you with valid options, which in turn means that unless you've set the classes (in Essential, the Essential Meta Model) up correctly, you can't use the Graph Widget.

That's the background. Can you tell me where you are trying to use the GraphWidget in the Essential Meta Model?

Thanks

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
aixsurfer

Hi, thanks for the information. It works well.
jonathan.carter

Thanks for posting back. Good to hear that you've got things working

Jonathan
Essential Project Team